MN: a day in the life: the big count down!

Saturday, July 16

the big count down!






Hard to believe that I will be in Tokyo EXACTLY one week from TODAY! Tokyo will be unlike anything I have ever seen. 30 million people in ONE city! ...completely different than where I'm headed: Taneichi-Machi, Iwate-Ken (pictured at right).
I have so enjoyed spending lots of quality time w/ friends and family during this past week...maybe having a bit too much fun, as I am nowhere near being packed and ready to go!!! Packing, packing, packing...argh. Putting your life into 2 bags and 1 carry-on is much harder than I had presumed. I think I have it down now though---BAG 1 is clothes and shoes. BAG 2 is teaching supplies, omiyage (gifts), tennis racquet and other neccessities.
Despite the stress of PREPARING to go to Japan, I am SO excited and ready to go! Not nervous or anxious, just curious about what lies ahead!
....and of course, those of you who are checking this site out will be the first to hear all about it!
The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!