MN: a day in the life: aNNe's cOOking CreAtiONs

Saturday, August 27

aNNe's cOOking CreAtiONs

So this one tasted a LOT better than it looked. I made my rice-cooker debut this evening...worked like a charm! 30 minutes later..restaraunt-style sticky rice!!! The curry and onion sauce was fantastic..and like most Japanese cooking= Easy*

When in doubt...go GREEN! It's safe (AKA: octopus free!) This is a simple salad I made with all of the green stuff in my fridge. Green onions, green pepper, peas, lima beans, cucumbers, lettuce....
oh, and a can of tuna!

For all of you non-believers out there...the proof is in the pie! I really am learning how to cook! 23 years later, I am finally becoming self-sufficient!

This is an interesting yogurtjellopudding pie. Very tasty and the lemon cookie pie crust was a nice touch!

This is my version of yakisoba (fried soba noodles w/ amazing seasoning) and what looks like "pot stickers"...which are filled with pork and chicken and various fish parts. I added some cabbage and onion (thinking of you Dad) and it all worked out to be quite delectable!

This isn't just noodles and sauce..I actually made this with meatballs. (Pause-for the applause) Yep, red-meat-eater that I have apparently become, actually browned hamburger and all. [and it was delicious!] ;)

So not only am I braving all sorts of new foods so graciously prepared for me...but I am learning how to cook for the first time in my life! At times, I am not sure which is more frightening---me in the kitchen or me sitting down to a sushi bar. So this post will be continuously updated with some of my creations...which will likely comprise various international flavors and a mix of rookie recipes and fullblown feasts. I hope my Japanese friends who have been patiently (and persistently) teaching me Japanese cuisine will be proud! Bon Appetit! Check this post frequently!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!