MN: a day in the life: hirosaki castle: さくら

Monday, May 15

hirosaki castle: さくら

Happy Mother's Day Mom!
Dear Mom,
I'm sorry we couldn't be together today.
You are an amazing mother and friend and hanging out with you
is always such a great time.  The hangouts will resume shortly...11 weeks left!
Instead of moping around feeling guilty about you spending Mother's Day childless---some pals picked me up for a roadtrip to Hirosaki Castle in Aomori Prefecture. It was so fitting for me to be amongst gorgeous flowers and cherry blossoms, as you enjoy the nature scene so much. "Sakura" is a special time in Japan, symbolizing new beginnings and spring. Hirosaki is THE best spot to view sakura in Northern Japan and I was fortunate to have friends to bring me there...6 hours in a crammed car wasn't all that lovely, but I snapped some pics for you. The pink, white and lite purple sakura were incredible (despite missing their 'peak' by about a week...) I was quite impressed by hundreds and hundreds of cherry blossom trees....too innumberable to count, it looked like a blizzard of blossoms. Hope you enjoy them ( I will post a link to all the other shots soon) and enjoy your Mother's Day in Minnesota!
あいしてる! I love you!  ~anne.


Taneichi pals: Junko, Hatsumi & Taira

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

My word, do you EVER just stay still?? I guess that`s part of "making the most of your time here"!

My friend was looking at your blog the other day (or the comments on mine) and he said, "That Anne is a beautiful girl." Yes sir, she is!

5/16/2006  
Blogger aNne said...

Erin, your gross exaggeration just made my day! how desperate am i to ask you if your said friend is tall, dark and dreamy?

5/17/2006  
Blogger Erin said...

It`s not an exaggeration at all! And as far as my friend goes, tall, yes, dark, no, dreamy...to me he certainly is. And, I would totally share him with you but I`m going to be selfish on this one and keep him all to myself!

PS, I love your friend Taira`s name!

5/17/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!