MN: a day in the life: 200 reasons why Japan rocks

Thursday, April 27

200 reasons why Japan rocks

Rinna is just 1 of the 700 students I work with in my town.
She is in kindergarten, enjoys drawing butterflies and jump-roping. She doesn't like science, thinks sashimi is delicious and loves me.
I love her, too.
Because my level of Japanese proficiency is that of a 5 year old, we are able to understand eachother beautifully. This sets her apart from a few hundred other students, and also constitues
what I continue to refer to as one of my 'SpECIaL friends.'
Please click on the link above for pictures of my elementary school visits. There are currently about 200 pics in the gallery, but the numbers will grow in these last few months of sayonaras.... I wanted to share with you the driving force behind my fascination and interest with Japanese culture. It isn't the slow motion tea ceremonies, the deja vu feeling of walking through yet one more temple, the exotic sounds of the shamisen or colorful pieces of flesh for dinner.
It's these spazzy, charismatic, self-less, respectful kids.
This post is for YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!