MN: a day in the life: taneichi's firework-fest

Monday, July 24

taneichi's firework-fest

What better nite to sport the new 'yukata' than the prefecturally-known Taneichi Fireworks show. And it proved to be an EXCELLENT show - over 40 minutes of intense pyrotechnics blasted off from the pier, while we watched from the beach.
This year was even better than last year's show (flashback: when I had about 6 days of Japan under my belt. I can't believe all that I have experienced and learned about myself and others in one short year. Having moved a zillion miles from home to live alone, in a village so remote that basic english conversation is nearly impossible, tried out a new career endeavor into the ESL world and traveled all over SE asia....
I DID it and i have not ONE regret about this year. sweet.

The Sasaki Family. My homestay family and place of residence for the next 3 weeks (off and on inbetween the travels). [I have 2 more sleeps left in my house...Tuesday morning, I will move to the Sasaki's home.] They are THE kindest, coolest FAMILY! I'm very excited (and LuCKY!) to share my last days in Japan with them. MANY MANY more pics of this family to come in these last few weeks in Japan.
So many students were out and about tonite. It was great to say more 'final' sayonaras and to see some dressed to the nines. Above, Haruka - a ni-nensei at Shukunohe-chu (and THE stellar softball player in Taneichi!)

More Shukunohe san-nens: Aya & Eriko.
my favorite ladies: Saori & Shyou

Let's enjoy these last weeks ToGEtHER!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!