MN: a day in the life: ConCert in Cloud

Tuesday, October 30

ConCert in Cloud

Augustana opened for Dashboard Confessional last Sunday on the SCSU campus (of all places). Dustin and I don't enjoy shows with lousy acoustics (like Hallenbeck), but we are really into Augustana and I've loved D/C since I was 16 years old, so I figured we really couldn't miss a show in our backyard. And to both of our surprise, the concert was actually really good!
Chris Carraba played a solo set - w/ the occasional backup of this guy pictured above. D/C, in my opinion, is the first true Emo band and my infatuation did not falter having seen him a second time. I have to admit, hearing him wail away with his band is definitely better, but this show was really intimate - as there was hardly anyone there!
We went with old buddies Michelle and Aaron - although a bit too much fun at the previous evening's Halloween bash left Dustin and I feeling a bit groggy and under the weather...
Augustana was SOOOOOOO good! They sounded great and their band was way more talented than I originally thought :) Below - you can take a listen to some old school D/C....man this music is SO nostalgic...but I accidentally uploaded it sideways. twist your neck and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!