MN: a day in the life: my new moms

Monday, June 19

my new moms

Back row = mothers of Fukuhiro (Tomie-san), Kosei & Ryou
Front row = mothers of Atsushi, Yusho (Koko-san) & Yuki (Keko-san)
The last 5 weekends have been spent with my adoptive parents...all 6 of them. These mothers, of the baseball team's players, have been so kind and fun. We've had so many laughs and made some lasting friendships. Parents are kind of 'untapped' territory for me,...having spent much time with friends my age, students and teachers....hanging out with student's families has been a first. I enjoy their relaxed care-free ways and their genuine interest in my culture. Even though communication can be somewhat challenging, Tomie-san has been our go-to translator. Her English is superb (she has a sister living in Chicago so English is actually useful for her!) I'm so lucky to have met up with Tomie because it has opened so many doors and eased the communication with these great folks that otherwise, would have made chatting nearly impossible.
While no one could ever replace my amazing family back in Minnesota...these women have really shared their 'motherly ways' with me. I'm so grateful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!