MN: a day in the life: that's all folks!

Monday, July 24

that's all folks!

12 schools, 12 speeches, 1200 handshakes and hugs crammed into 4 days. im dehydrated from the tears, exhausted from packing my suitcases and memories and overwhelmed by the kindness that has been bestowed upon me. the japanese make it VERY difficult to want to LEAVE!
this year, i experienced the japanese workplace, culture and classroom.
it wasn't easy, but it was so worth it!
The Japanese have a saying, 一期一会. It means every moment is unique. It reminds us to remember 'once in a lifetime' opportunities. It also summarizes how I am feeling about finishing my year on the JET Program. I was both a teacher AND student of language, culture, and humanity (usually simultaneously). It was an awesome responsibility and lesson in multi-tasking, and I will leave Japan knowing I gave it my all. I may forget Japanese, but I will never forget the respectful culture and generous people of this community and country.

Kadonohama Elementary

Hiranai Elementary

Taneichi Elementary

さよなら種市の諸学区セ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!