MN: a day in the life: i miss students: part 1

Thursday, September 21

i miss students: part 1

This is the first in a series of postings on why I can't stop thinking about Japan, my responsibilities over there and the incredible experiences that abound. NUMBER ONE: I miss the students. Terribly. Aside from their cuteness, willingness to offer respectful pleasantries and exhuberance of love for me AND learning English...they kept me smiling and engaged in japanese culture and lifestyle. they were infectious, contagious and such quality people that will always leave such a lasting impression with me.
Here are a few of the most memorable:

Youchien (Kindergarten) The most precious humans I've ever met.
My sassy san-nenseis @ Taneichi-chu. They left my cupboards bare, but it was a fair exchange in that I gained a dose in japanesehormonalspazzy teenagers!
The ni-nenseis at Shukunohe-chu. The highlight of my experience at this ultra-reserved school. My first thoughts of them are the engaging classes I got to teach them...solo, yep NO translation provided! But my second thoughts are of teary goodbyes and bear hugs...thanks ladies!
And the baseball-ers @ Taneichi-chu. My absolute favorite favorite favorite students. Yeah, how many times have you heard me say THOSE words in the last year....sorry for the redundancy, but I mean it this time. Not only did I hone my skills, but I made great friends. So many of these guys are still emailing me right now...awesome. Sometimes, it feels like I haven't even left.... ;)

Part 2: to be cont'd, when my sleeping pills wear off.

1 Comments:

Blogger JH said...

Hi Anne,
When I first came back to the US after doing the JET Programme for 2 years I experienced withdrawal big time. I missed my students, my school and my friends in Kuriyama, Hokkaido. I think this withdrawal is a good thing. It is best to leave a place when you have reached your peak rather than when you have fallen off the peak.
Good luck with your studies!
Jamie

9/26/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!