MN: a day in the life: hot sun in the summertime

Monday, July 14

hot sun in the summertime

The picture above was taken on July 4th...my dad and dustin and I went out trolling for northern when we caught 4 walleye within 15 minutes. Since this species is somewhat rare on our lake, my dad was thrilled and to catch them while watching the fireworks surround us from all sides of the lake made it even more celebratory! After the fireworks show ended, and the walleyes quit biting, we noticed a second light show - a major thunderstorm brewing in the west... after several scary lightning strikes - we called it a night and began the wet, windy, stormy boatride home...
Aside from one small thunderstorm, we had another beautiful hot, summer weekend spent at the cabin with our family this July 4th holiday weekend. We had 3 gorgeous beach days as well as golf (in which I actually shot a legitimate 46 on a "big kid course'), and fabulous dinners made by each couple. Couple of bike rides, bonfires, some boardgames and beverages...many beverages.... and a visit from a couple of friends...and I'd say the weekend was one of our better ones this summer :)

It's hard to believe that we have less than one month to prepare, pack and plan for our travels! Unfortunately, I am so busy w/ school and work this summer, I probably wont' have any time to actually "plan or prepare" until August 1st....yep, that's one week away from departure!

I have to thank my incredible family for their support in our decision to leave the States for awhile...I believe Korea will be one of the greatest experiences of our lives! So much to see and do and experience each day...I am anxious to get outside of my comfort zone and daily grind :) In 26 days, we will be in South Korea!!! I hope it is as beautiful as being up at the lake :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!