MN: a day in the life: im hungry

Saturday, June 24

im hungry

seaweed soup and inedible fried fish parts, aren't cutting it anymore. the mere sight of it causes me to lose my appetite entirely and i just can't stomach it anymore. in truth, i never did care for Japanese food (or seafood in general), but i could fake it. however after 11 months of no say in what i can and/or am willing to consume, has caused my tastebuds to rebel and refuse to choke down "western foods" like beef hearts, horse and raw chicken. now that im in the home stretch and i know the many tasty delights that await my return, meals have been a challenge (especially the mandatory school lunch & its daily mystery menu.) i don't eat school lunch in the States (where it is recognizable)! i hope that by talking about delicious foods, my appetite will be satifised! here are my top 10 foods i will devour upon returning home:

1. my Dad's fish (which comes withOUT the head, fins, tail, bones and scales)
2. Chipotle: spicy chicken burrito (i never did find mexican food in japan, im craving it now)
3. Ciattis: manicotti (i've never found palatable cheese..that will be a treat)
4. Mom's grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup (home cooked anything will be amazing)
5. Mexican Village: fajitas
6. Green Mill: pizza (NOT japanese-style pizza which is drenched in ketchup, mayonaise and has a raw egg cracked over the top of it)
7. applesauce, cornbread and cinnamon raisin oatmeal (these have always been my staples)
8. Timberlodge: no I'm not going to continue choking down teeny bits of beef like i was FORCED to do over here (starvation being the alternative). but I love Timberlodge's cajun chicken pasta and their bread w/ the special garlic spread
9. Granite City: anything, but a chicken sandwich & waffle fries would be a treat at this point!
10. Coldstone Creamery: yknow, i've only been there twice. but im craving real ice cream, not the 'snow-cone' style ice cream in japan. and the few times i do eat ice cream, i want it to be a decent serving size. none of this 1 measuring cup stuff...i want the instant-3 lb-weight gain type! and Coldstone, if memory serves me right, is just the place!

oh, and one more thing
11. raspberry margaritas from Applebees.



actually, just looking @ that list makes me full.

1 Comments:

Blogger Forrest O. said...

Taneichi school lunch is pretty good, well above average at least... of course, being vegetarian I brought my own bentou every day.

6/24/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!