MN: a day in the life: Malaysia Nite

Monday, October 9

Malaysia Nite

The first of many 'culture nights' @ SCSU. Malaysia night was a success! Delicious food, beautiful colors and intense drumming!
My friend Tomoko loved the fishballs, pictured far left. I tried them but was instantly reminded of Japanese food...Shinobu and Tomoko polished off the plate while I waited patiently for more curry! L-R: Shinobu, Xiaoyang & Tomoko
Shinobu and I are in the same ESL Master's program, Xiaoyang is a "visiting scholar from China" here to do some observations of our western ways, and Tomoko recently moved from Japan, to live with her husband in Sartell. I've said it many times, but I am very thankful for great new friends to share stories and culture with here in Minnesota....its almost like I never left Asia. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!