MN: a day in the life: xiexie

Monday, December 18

xiexie

Ting Ting & Yuan Yuan (above) made a delicious authentic Chinese dinner for some friends tonite. We were celebrating Ting Ting's departure for China. They are excellent chefs & awesome ladies! Thank you both for introducing me to some new faces & the entertaining conversation! Have a great trip Ting Ting!
"Vivian" whips up an amazing carribean-inspired dessert. Fresh pineapple and coconut blended then poured over these gelatinous colorful gummy bear-esque things. It was an interesting texture, but SO delicious!
Our dinner...5 entrees PLUS a Chinese porridge. Excellent! Hard to believe that almost ONE year ago I was embarking on a trip to China! How fast a year goes by! What an incredible trip that was,...and how lucky am I to have the connections I do back in MN! I can eat REAL chinese food in my hometown!
Making "jiaoutzu"---(in japanese: gyoza) What a process to make these pot-stickers. They taught me the expert way of folding the thin pieces of crust over the mixture of meat and veggies. It takes SO much patience,...a real learning experience for me! You are great teachers! Thank you ladies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!