MN: a day in the life: 1st day at Taneichi Jr High

Thursday, September 1

1st day at Taneichi Jr High

Taneichi Junior High is a blast! I love the crazy-fun students and teachers. This school is a bit bigger than my other jr. high, around 160 students I believe. The school is older and so reminiscent of the stereotypical junior high school. I enjoy the care-free attitude of these students and look forward to a wonderful year ahead!
Below, students are doing the daily chores/clean-up...this happens before dismissal at the end of the day and is commonplace in Japan. No custodians needed at these schools, just 160 lil tykes! The standard of cleanliness is questionable, but it is a financially efficient way about doing things!
Here is a picture of the English room. It is so nicely decorated---apparently by my predecessor! Nice job pred! Most classrooms in Japanese schools are not decorated, as it is the teachers who move from room to room, not the students! However, at this school, the students come to us!

My Japanese English team teachers...Sawada-san and "Tuna"-san. With 3 of us in the room at one time, we can plow through quite a bit of material! Individualized instruction is the in thing in Japan!


TANEICHI-MACHI CHUGAKKO

I am so thankful to have the opportunity to work with the many wonderful people at Taneichi-chu. I am very excited about the year ahead!
I hope we can learn a lot from one another!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!