MN: a day in the life: stuffed again

Saturday, April 22

stuffed again

ThAnk YoU HiKAgeS
The Hikages finally accepted my dinner invitation. After many meals with their family, at their home, I wanted to return the favor in my cozy dwelling space. Such 'dinner parties' in Japan, are opposite, in which the host entertains the guests and the guests do the cooking. (Obviously, this is by no means a complaint of mine, I've never liked cooking anyway!) Inevitably, Yukiyo spent more time in my kitchen than me! She also made FOUR "main courses" to share,
(and enough drinks to quench the thirst of my entire neighborhood).
My pineapple sweet and sour chicken stir fry was a tough sell, as the competition was tight (sashimi, pizza, quiche and tempura were all vying for our tastebuds).
My "American vermucelli (sp?) rice" was inhaled by Akira ....
[Impressing Japanese people with a "rice dish"? Score. ]

The Hikages have been wonderful friends and my first true "home away from home" family in Taneichi. Taking me under their wing during my very first week in Japan, offering their time and energy to help me maximize my time here and spending time with me on the "American" holidays throughout this last year-- they are so gracious, and i am so grateful.

ほんとにありがとうございます!

L-R : Me, Hikage, Akira, Ami, Ayaka, Yukiyo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see the meal and evening went FABULOUSLY! It was great talking to you yesterday, sorry I had to cut it short, again! Argh!

4/22/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!