MN: a day in the life: all-school track meet

Saturday, June 3

all-school track meet

Both of my junior highs were @ this meet, so I tried to split my time in the opposing cheering sections. Shukunohe, above, gave a valiant effort as always, but Taneichi was the big winner on the day. This competition was held in Ichinohe, about 1.5 hours inland and it was so beautiful and scenic. A brand new facility in the midst of grassy mountains and hills. Lovely.

Mitsutaka, one of the tennis players, had an injury while practicing pole vault yesterday, so he sat this one out. But he's so cute and such a poser, that I couldn't resist posting him despite his lack of contribution to Taneichi's effort.
These are Erin's students, but they were so friendly all day I had to post them on here as testimony to just how GREAT the "small schools" are and how the shyness factor doesn't seem to be an issue. Erin is a fellow ALT in Yamagata-mura, a nearby town.
Sumika & Akane. Double trouble.
Yuki & I : he's the total package...smart, athletic, cordial and sweet. and his mother and i have been hanging out lately and its easy to see that all of the above are genetic.
Kosei is the Number 1 short distance runner for Taneichi-chu. What a stallion he was today, finishing up the 1500M, above, at 4 minute 20 seconds.
Naoki (tennis) & Seiyu (baseball): but today, they made up part of the 4X100 relay. studly. So, who really is NUMBER ONE!? Taneichi, above. Shukunohe, below. ??? of the 7 teams represented today, my two schools were definitely Number ONE & Number TWO...i'm so lucky to be a part of such sporty schools and such a competitive environment. its a perfect fit :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Dude! What's this I see? Trying to move in on my students AKA MY TURF?? I mean, I know that my kids are FABULOUS, but stick to your OWN! ;)

6/04/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get my long-email? I sent you some kind words and some emotional "jargon" on my part! Hope you are FABULOUS! THe pic's look great! Smiles!

6/05/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!