MN: a day in the life: Masato's BDAY Bash

Friday, September 30

Masato's BDAY Bash

HaPPy Be-LatED BirtHDay MAsAtO! I wish you would have told me about your actual birthday last week...but belated style is cool too. Many people cooked and prepared for your special day and I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly! I appreciate your friendship so much and wanted to show you my gratitude by throwing this party for you!
Congratulations--best of luck to you this year!

gOOd FriEndS, fOOd and fuN!

Mayumi's delicious treats were a highlight of the evening. Thank you for sharing your culinary expertise with us...I have so much to learn from you! When is the next cooking lesson!?

Junko and Hatsumi showed up pre-party to bake some extra goodies. What a nice surprise---French crepes! So gourmet and so intimidating for a beginner like me! I swear my friends know their way around my kitchen more than me!

I made a strawberry cheesecake for Masato. I don't even eat cheesecake, so that is my first alibi! The texture was a bit interesting this time around...not sure what went wrong!? I think I misread the Kanji when trying to find "cream"...not sure what I ended up throwing into the mix!!?? But I am always thinking and waited for an opportune time to serve it up (after everyone had had a few drinks)! Their uninhibited tastebuds were my saving grace and they scarfed it down!

Make a wish! A new job, a new girlfriend...what's it going to be!? Enjoy the game-PS2 is the thing to do!

Koske and his expectant wife Keeko are the cutest newlyweds ever. She is just the sweetest thing! Good pick Koske! Hopefully her little one appreciated all the yummy treats, too! Thanks for dropping by guys--see you around soon!


Reunited at last... Hadn't seen Manami (front and center) in such a long time (since my first time trying "uni" at a local bar!) Her bubbly spirit is so entertaining and Japanesey... :)

Damian and I and our notorious alcohol-induced pics. Yknow, I was thinking: we could almost pass as siblings!?

While Keeko enjoys being the boy magnet, Masato and his crazy, but kind friend Yuzen...enjoy the fine wines of Chile and France.

The nite wouldn't have been complete with out fire works. They were Masato's contribution to the evening's festivities. While we were lighting them off down by the beach, the police stopped to check in on what the foreigner+ crowd was up to. Found out it is not illegal to shoot them off near residential homes!? Some things are ultra-lax here...and others incredibly strict (if you have even a few sips of alcohol and drive home---you could be picked up and fined for drinking and driving!) Go figure?! A zero-alcohol policy is a switcheroo for all of us newbies. However, as I have mentioned before, driving is a death sentence in itself...coupled with alcohol and the local detention centers/jails might implode!

Another wonderful evening spent amongst super people, amazing food, opportunities to share culture and new ideas, and the omnipresent language barrier. I feel so fortunate to have been accepted by the people of Taneichi. They really are looking out for me! Thanks again to my Japanese support "staff"! You are too kind and generous! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The original MySpace Map! Click here make your own!